Sunday, July 8, 2012

Meeker Plein Air 2012


Cool Mountain Breeze     8x10    oil on panel


Independence    9x12    oil on panel


Rio Blanco    8x10    oil on panel

These are from the Meeker Plein Air event I participated in last week in Meeker Colorado. In my haste to get them into frames for the auction, I forgot to take pictures of some of them without the frame. Had a good time in Meeker, everyone there was really nice. A lot of great landscapes there as well. Way more than I could paint in 2 days. Cliff and I painted together one day and that produced the first painting shown here. It looks real similar to Cliff's painting because we were standing about 25 yards apart, and both wanted to paint the same thing. It was pretty cool to see two of the same compositions by different people. This painting was the one that was sold in the auction. I didn't even get to paint west of town which has some really great desert scenery. Maybe next year! Thanks to everyone involved for the event and thanks to Patricia Sheeran-Daggett for judging!




No comments: