Tuesday, September 13, 2011


Shelter     9x12    0il/panel

Today's painting trip was with PAAC at Castlewood Canyon State Park. It was raining at 9AM and sputtered on and off for a few hours. I have been to this state park many times and always painted either down in the canyon or at the north end of the park. I have tried a view near this one of Pikes Peak several times but never got something I liked. While standing in the rain, I realized that the nearby shelters are the only shelter anywhere around (not the first time I thought of this, but I always forget that these shelters are there). Since it was raining it seemed like the appropriate thing to paint. I got some helpful critiques from several PAAC members and they pointed out some great things I missed. It's been a long time since I got a good painting at Castlewood Canyon and I am glad to break that streak!

No comments: