Saturday, January 5, 2013

Water Under The Bridge


Water Under the Bridge    11x14    oil on panel

Painted this one on a lovely New Year's Day, 2013. I met Cliff for the annual new years day paint out along the South Platte river in Chatfield State Park. A lot of people showed up this year, in the past it was just Cliff, myself and 1 or 2 other people. Met some new (to me) painters and had a very nice day along the river. I set out to do something particular but the painting wound up going in a different direction. Actually, I gave up trying to do what I wanted to do and just let the painting make itself. It came out nice despite my initial disappointment that I did not do what I wanted to do. 
Since it is the start of the new year I'd like to thank some people:
Thanks to:
My wife April
and everyone at PAAC

Below this post are 4 other paintings I made this fall that I was unable to post at the time. I hope you enjoy them!

No comments: